Our mission: To create automated rural radio programs to improve the economic, health and educational status of persons living in rural farming communities around the world, in the languages of the local communities. Initially, our focus is content directly related to agriculture (e.g. time, weather, tips). As more voices are volunteered, news, educational programming, educational games, and related content are added. No language is too small for a radio station to exist for that language!
Coming soon ... a few sample stations: We are in the process of building radio content for languages spoken in Kenya and Malawi. Come back soon for updates.
Registered volunteers log in below:
Not a volunteer? Register here.
Already a volunteer? Please log in below.
1. Registration is free and easy. Register here
2. Make sure you have a java enabled browser. If not click here
3. Once you get a "rhythm" you can likely record about six phrases per minute
4. You may record as few or as many phrases as you wish in any session
5. When you log out and log in again, you will be taken directly to the next phrase
6. There are thousands of phrases needing recording in multiple languages. We thank you in advance for as many as you choose to donate your voice
Suggestions for improving the process: Email
Note: Financial support has come from a project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the Farmer Voice Radio Project run by AIR (American Institutes of Research) working with Professor Philip M. Parker, INSEAD Chair Professor of Management Science (for more information, email Professor Parker at ).